Saturday, June 7, 2008

Travel bug

I must admit, I am travel bug.

In the past 3 months that I've been here in the US, I have already tried almost all modes of transportation. Plane, Car, Train (Amtrak), Bus (Amtrak), MetroRail...uhm, no ferries or boat rides as of yet...maybe soon....

On my first month, I took a 15hours flight from Manila to Los Angeles. I spent my first night in a hotel in downtown LA and had dinner at The Grove. The next day, in order for me to go to LAX again, I had to take a bus to the Metrorail station, then Metrorail to the Union Station, and a Fly Away Bus headed for LAX. From LAX, I had to wait for an excruciating 6 hours at the LAX waiting area for my United Airline flight bound for Sacramento. (Oh, did I tell you I was on the standby list?)

Then a couple of days and weeks later, I was cruising town in my aunt's car and going on a one week roadtrip to South Lake Tahoe, then down to Disneyland, San Diego and LA. After a few days, a long drive back to LA for a business meeting. Finally, I decided I wanna spend a month or two in LA so I did go on another long drive back there...

Just a few weeks ago, I finally took another ride..this time by Amtrak from LA to Sacramento...That's 2 trains and 2 bus rides for me @ &68 in a 7 hour ride....whew! Met a lot of really nice people along the way....

No comments: